Welcome Everyone

Welcome to my adventure... Hopefully you'll enjoy reading about my adventures half as much as I enjoy being in them. Here you'll find my blogs about everything I might have a conversation about. So if something doesn't seem to interest you skip to something that does. I am pretty random and eclectic so I am sure there is something for everyone.

Tuesday 7 April 2020

Not Machines

The universe isn’t a wristwatch 
  some vast timekeeping
    contraption

Reducing complexity to mechanics
  is a dangerous
    simplification  


Our eyes aren’t cameras
  for they both see
    and they reveal  

Hands aren’t grappling hooks
  their touch can hurt
    and heal

A mind isn’t a computer
  for life just won’t 
    compute

Try and measure a lifetime
  and you will find no 
    route

Humans aren’t replaceable
  not the parts of some
     machine

Try replacing a brother
  such thinking is
    obscene 
   
We are not statistics
  for the measuring
    of the mess

You might measure all the suffering
  but love you can’t 
    assess 


Love isn’t a function
  of evolutionary
    chance

There is more to this story
  more to the 
    great dance 


---

heavily inspired by the writing and thoughts of Wendell Berry. 

No comments:

View Count