Welcome Everyone

Welcome to my adventure... Hopefully you'll enjoy reading about my adventures half as much as I enjoy being in them. Here you'll find my blogs about everything I might have a conversation about. So if something doesn't seem to interest you skip to something that does. I am pretty random and eclectic so I am sure there is something for everyone.

Saturday 16 February 2008

Working with Children

Over the past few months I've had the wonderful privilege of living with a wonderful lady and her family who I've learned so much from. One thing she has reminded me of over and over
is the plight of the single mother. I know firsthand the plight of single mothers because my Mom was a single mother and she did a fantastic job with me and my brother. I'll never fully appreciate the sacrifices she made for us two boys.
Well I've taken to getting involved in some of the stuff Maureen does for single Moms. Among other things she runs a group who meet every so often. It started before Christmas and has run a few times since. When it started I went and helped with the kids, we had a pizza party and got some ideas for how they would like to spend their time while Moms were at the meetings. I had so much fun with the bunch.
Tonight again we got to hang out with the kids. It was a little different of a scenario but way kool none the less. Sam an amazing girl who helped out with the kids a few previous times was there again and the kids all opened up to having fun with us a lot quicker. Maureen and I hope to get a program started with these guys where we start exploring some of their feelings and emotions a little more to promote some positive conversation where good role models like Sam (and hopefully me) can encourage these kids to be going in the right direction. I am so excited to get to know these kids more. They are pulling at my heart constantly.
Anyway I just thought I should post this I dunno why but I had to. If anyone out there feels like they could help single Moms out or their kids chase that idea. It is a beautiful path, take it from me...

No comments:

View Count