Welcome Everyone

Welcome to my adventure... Hopefully you'll enjoy reading about my adventures half as much as I enjoy being in them. Here you'll find my blogs about everything I might have a conversation about. So if something doesn't seem to interest you skip to something that does. I am pretty random and eclectic so I am sure there is something for everyone.

Saturday 12 July 2008

I am the Youth Leader?

So I just ventured back to my blog and realized that I only posted once in all of June. Thinking this is a sad thing I decided that I would go ahead and make a new post.

Life sure is a bizarre twist of an experience isn't it? A few weeks ago I was asked to be the Youth Leader for my new Church home here in Toronto. Seeing the need for someone to fill the position I accepted the role. Soon after many checks and balances haunted my seemingly rash decision. Where do I actually start though? Do I have what it takes to lead a group of Youth? Who will come?

I find myself scared of my new role. The main reason being that if I live up to what I would call a good Youth Leader than most my hopes and plans for the next 2+ years will need to be set aside. Short term youth ministry is not effective. I need to be here a long time to bear any good fruit. Unless I change the model radically. Lets be honest, a radical model shift is what I need to do. Do I have the means to experiment? With model shifts come mistakes. With mistakes comes pressure from the church, the Pastor.

So I need to be honest with people. I don't think I'll meet their expectations. So I need to set out a series of honest strategies and goals for this and go get-er-done. If my wacky ideas don't fit though do I step aside or try to fit their model? Who knows... I must try something though. Pray for me all. I need guidance on this. I need God.

God Bless!

No comments:

View Count