Welcome Everyone

Welcome to my adventure... Hopefully you'll enjoy reading about my adventures half as much as I enjoy being in them. Here you'll find my blogs about everything I might have a conversation about. So if something doesn't seem to interest you skip to something that does. I am pretty random and eclectic so I am sure there is something for everyone.

Thursday 3 April 2008

Free to Dream

So it has taken a little while. I think I am starting to figure out a little portion about what God was teaching me in my last season. While working on MA for summer 08 I don't think I dreamed enough. I let my dreaming die and I died myself (spiritually and emotionally). I am a dreamer and there can't be a doubt about that from anyone who knows me well. There are benefits and disadvantages to being a dreamer.

Advantages usually include optimism, fresh ideas, free thinking and a strength in (or at least a strong appreciation of) some of or all the arts. Disadvantages are that dreamers often have too many projects on the go, they are not as good at thinking critically and dreamers cease to function properly when they forget to dream, have all their dreams crushed or when they forget them.

In the last eight months I lost my identity as a dreamer. Through a variety of actions and circumstances some controllable some not I stopped dreaming and forgot my end goal. There is no greater tragedy than when people stray from being the person God made them to be.

So now what? I have left the places and circumstances that killed me spiritually. It all had less to do with the type of place and people were there and more to do with the fact I was trying to build a program on my own. I've learned I need people or a team to work with. I needed the fresh page, new start, new faces and leaders.


I don't know exactly where that fresh start is (in Toronto), who my new team is going to be or the leaders I'll have over me in the next phase, but, in step by step transition as God has me in now not knowing is normal and perfectly OK.

The good news is I am dreaming again. They spurt out quicker and quicker as I come alive in these new places I might find myself working soon. I am SO EXCITED to move downtown and start living like God has told me. Yesterday I was downtown checking out a church who's apartment I may move into and get involved with. The people there are SO inspiring and it is right in the middle of so many opportunities to turn dreams I've had into reality.

Oh and how kool is this- while I was downtown talking with a girl I was working with we realized we are cousins way off down the line. My cousins in Walkerton are her cousins, were prolly not blood cousins but it is still very funny and cool. Small world, something tells me that no matter how big this world gets God will find ways to keep the world small enough for amazing stories like this...

Dream on, dream BIG, then go be what you dream of happening. I can't wait to get started!!

1 comment:

JordanPedde said...

good to hear yer dreaming again, keep it up

View Count