Welcome Everyone

Welcome to my adventure... Hopefully you'll enjoy reading about my adventures half as much as I enjoy being in them. Here you'll find my blogs about everything I might have a conversation about. So if something doesn't seem to interest you skip to something that does. I am pretty random and eclectic so I am sure there is something for everyone.

Thursday 29 May 2008

My Life - The End of the Curveball - HOME RUN!

So as many of you know I have exited the YWAM Toronto scene. It was a bumpy, unexpected exit that has left some scars but God's grace has been a mighty shield and deflected the deadliest arrows from piercing my heart.

With the quick departure from YWAM TO I needed to figure out what to do with my life. I still at the time didn't feel like College/University was where God wanted me to go although it seems part time post secondary may be in my future.

I knew I had opportunities with other locations in the YWAM community. I still went to Vancouver for the Mission Adventures Network Conference which was a very wise decision. God really gave me confidence there through the amazing set of people that are there. Vancouver base of course wanted me back but, I also received offers to go help at Las Vegas, Seattle, San Fransisco, Idaho all in the US and Tijuana and Ensenada in Mexico.

My heart was not to leave Toronto though, and it isn't God's will for me to leave yet. I have invested the last eight months of my life into falling in love with this city and there is no other place for me at this time. God knew where my heart was and had a plan.

Through a Youth Pastor I knew from Redeemer church in Niagara Falls I was forwarded to an amazing guy named Joe Elkerton who is pastoring a church that was almost sold out and closed this past fall. Joe has done an amazing job with the place so far and has networked some really kool young people in similar situations and with similar worldviews as mine to work with him in reaching out to the community and setting up a place to serve God.

I am extremely stoked to be a part of this growing church and I know that there is amazing potential for this church to become a cornerstone of Faith, Justice and Hope in the Bloor Lansdowne community a few subway stations West of the downtown core.

The church is called Bloor Lansdowne Christian Fellowship and I would encourage everybody to come down and visit us one time, see what we are all about.

1 comment:

JordanPedde said...

nice to finally get the facts in a coherent way instead of bits and pieces everywhere from ya

View Count